Summer school 2020

Welcome families!

We hope that you are all doing well during this unprecedented time. We are here to support your student during summer school learning and ensure that we move forward with the least disruption possible.


Please make sure your student is signed up for a DOE student account by visiting here:

We look forward to working with you, students! Be safe, be kind and take care of your family and your community!

Important link

  • DOE Student Accounts

  • Supports & FAQ for Staff and Students


    During this time, staff is doing everything we can to support you academically and emotionally during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are some helpful resources that can help everyone get through this together.

    Here are Resources for Mental Health and Talking to Young People About COVID-19:


    Are schools open right now? 

    As of right now, NYC public schools are physically closed for the rest of the school year. No classes are taking place inside schools. Families will be able access food at designated school sites.


    Should I go outside during this time?

    We are advising all students and families to practice “social distancing.” If you must go outside, stay at least six feet away from others whenever possible. When you return from outside, wipe down all groceries and/or necessities with anti-bacterial wipes. Continue washing hands throughout the day with soap and water. When soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer.

    We don’t have access to enough food, what should I do? 

    • The New York City Department of Education is committed to making free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get free meals at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city. Click here to find a hub.

      • Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday

      • Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm

        • No one will be turned away at any time

        • All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time

        • Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites

      • No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises

      • Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children

      • No registration or ID required

    • Additionally the Food Bank will be providing emergency food at various locations, call the Food Bank at 212-566-7855. 

    • Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits The Families First Coronavirus Response Act of 2020 authorized the payment of P-EBT food benefits to households with children who would have received free or reduced-price school meals under the National School Lunch Act, if not for a school closure. These temporary food benefits are to help cover the cost of meals children would otherwise would have received at school.

    We need help with technology. Who can we contact?

    Call 718-935-5100.


    I don’t have access to WIFI, what should I do? 

    Free internet service for "eligible households" from Spectrum and Optimum.  Telecommunication companies have guaranteed us that no internet service will be cut off due to inability to pay at this time.


    SPECTRUM: 1-844-488-8395

    OPTIMUM:  1- 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region


    Optimum information:

    Optimum is committed to helping schools and students stay connected during this unprecedented time. For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.


    What staff member can I contact for help academically?

    Students should outreach to the teacher of the class they are having difficulty understanding or completing work for. 


    I have an IEP, what services do I receive?

    Special Education teachers will be conducting outreach to all students with IEPs to ensure you are getting the support you need. Related services such as speech therapy and counseling will be provided virtually with your permission. If you have an IEP and have questions related to your IEP during this time, contact us.


    I want to seek mental health support, where should I go?


    We are worried about losing our apartment or home. What should we do?

    Contact the Tenants Rights Hotline at 212-979-0611 (English and Spanish). More info here.


    For families that are displaced and require housing shelter, visit for more options.

    For Unaccompanied Youth in need of shelter, the following drop-in centers provide meals, shelter and support. You can walk-in:


    If I am feeling unsafe in my home, what can I do?

    If you are feeling unsafe in your home, there are several actions that you can take. You can reach out to any of the City agencies below and let them know your concerns.

    • Call 311 or 911 Police department

    • Call SCR (ACS) General Public Hotline: 1(800) 342-3720


    Someone I know is experiencing domestic violence and doesn’t feel safe, where can they go?

    Domestic Violence shelters and supports can be found here: